Custom Search

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A few reviews, and other news

As Daniel Johnston so famously said, Hi. How are you.

It's been a while, but better late than never to fire up the old blog for another round of music news.

First, I want to plug a couple records. Last year, Seattle band Lady Drama debuted with a full length and I wrote it up for Seattle Weekly. They went on to play Reverb, Seattle's local music festival, but things have been pretty quiet for them since. We'll see what 2010 holds for this melodic, lyrical group. Here's the review: Lady Drama: Aftermath.

San Diego's electronic indie group The Album Leaf releases their fifth album today, A Chorus of Storytellers, on Sub Pop. You can read my review of it here: The Album Leaf: A Chorus of Storytellers.

In other news, I'll be talking to Marc Collin of French cover band Nouvelle Vague later this week. They've been on an aggressive tour of Europe and North America promoting their album NV3, and play the King Kat club on Thursday. I'll post the Q&A as soon as it goes up at Prefix.

And, South by Southwest is just around the corner. I'm finalizing my travel plans as I write this, and brainstorming ideas for a daily Prefix dispatch. This year, I'm planning on a band interview a day - the only hiccup is figuring out who...

That's all for now. Have a good week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment